Sunday, September 28, 2008

What, I like this place now?

Ever since I finalized (via paperwork) that I need to be done with this whole school thing by June 2009 I've started to realize my time in this cow-town is limited. And that makes me appreciate it just a little bit more. I've really started to solidify the things I like about it.
  1. Thursday dance night. Always a good time. And since it's a small town affair, there's no cover, drinks are reasonable, I know a lot of people there, and it's super close to la petit maison.
  2. The community. It's suuuuper easy to meet people here. It is the university atmosphere after all. And there are plenty of social events to go to. On the downside, people I like are constantly moving away.
  3. The Farmer's Market. So I don't go there very much. But every time I do I eat some good food.
  4. The pizza place where I can sit on the deck with pizza, beer, and free wireless.
  5. The natural food co-op. I love the veggie sushi and I have a love/hate relationship with the fact that every single time I walk in I see someone I know.
But still, I'm ready to move on. Ready to move to a city with lots of stuff to do. Ready to double my income. Ready to work 9-5 with my weekends free. Ready for all of you to have to call me doctor (the other kind of doctor).

Just this weekend my advisor forwarded me an email from a great research group in the agency I want to work for, in the one of the cities I'd like to move to. They're looking for a post-doc. A post-doc who works on the stuff I work on and would like to work on in the future. The problem? They want to fill the position by January 2009. Can I write chapter two and do all of chapter three in 3 months? I have no idea. But I can try. And that just might get me out by June.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you can do it. You have the will power and determination that it takes. And besides, you take after your mother!!!

Anonymous said...

I knew you loved it. There ain't no Michaela's in Seattle.