But anyway, work is nuts. I have to put together a two-day workshop at work for 30 people plus some other people who will be joining remotely. This includes:
- Keeping in email contact with all these people and keeping track of their schedules.
- Acting as hostess in a way to a room full of people I don't know. I'll be studying names and faces.
- Buying the food and coffee and tea and getting all that set up.
- Finding someone to make the coffee for me. I make terrible coffee.
- Making sure everyone's presentations are done by Thursday morning.
- Trying to make sure the work gets done to put into the presentations for Thursday morning.
- Putting together a presentation of my own with results that don't yet exist from models that haven't yet been run (or finished).
- Writing a chunk of code (one small piece of #7) in Fortran (which up until yesterday I didn't know at all) on economics.
Wish me luck. I'll come up to breathe sometime next week.