- Thursday dance night. Always a good time. And since it's a small town affair, there's no cover, drinks are reasonable, I know a lot of people there, and it's super close to la petit maison.
- The community. It's suuuuper easy to meet people here. It is the university atmosphere after all. And there are plenty of social events to go to. On the downside, people I like are constantly moving away.
- The Farmer's Market. So I don't go there very much. But every time I do I eat some good food.
- The pizza place where I can sit on the deck with pizza, beer, and free wireless.
- The natural food co-op. I love the veggie sushi and I have a love/hate relationship with the fact that every single time I walk in I see someone I know.
Just this weekend my advisor forwarded me an email from a great research group in the agency I want to work for, in the one of the cities I'd like to move to. They're looking for a post-doc. A post-doc who works on the stuff I work on and would like to work on in the future. The problem? They want to fill the position by January 2009. Can I write chapter two and do all of chapter three in 3 months? I have no idea. But I can try. And that just might get me out by June.