Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'm in LOVE!

Thank you old Outback for initiating me into the world of the Subaru... but this one? This one? Swoon


So I bought a new car. New as in new, which is weird for me. But this way I know the maintenance is done right and nobody effed up my car before I owned it. Plus, used Subarus hold their value so aren't really even a better deal. I actually bought it (ahem, signed the paperwork) on Tuesday but the dealer kept it until Thursday in order to install the MP3 jack and fog lights. Fancy!

And I just finished installing the roof rack.


I personally am not a fan of the old Impreza wagon design (I know not everyone agrees with me, Middleman!), so I think Subaru's timing for the redesign of the Impreza was spot on. Yay! Just in time for me to buy it! And it's zippier than the Outback, and more my size - turns out the Outback is more car than I need.

So I need to take it on a few road trips. I'm thinking small - bay area, mountain biking... Bajabucky - wanna see if we can get the canoe on it? Ok, maybe not. That may be the downside to the smaller car - no canoe.

So thanks to everyone who helped me out during this stressful car buying experience.

Credits:
Loan - Mom
Generous gift - Grandma
Copious advice - Mom, Dad, Grandma, Bajabucky, The OutofTowner, Tiger
Time spent car shopping - Bajabucky
Alternative transportation in the interim - Bajabucky, Flipper, Ruhroh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's spiffy, shiny and new!! Congratulations :) Now our cars are cousins. I think the new and old models are different, but I like them both. And the newport blue was the color I wanted! Good for you!