Sunday, July 20, 2008

My hair smells like grilled pork


I decided I needed a little friends/beer/water time this weekend. Because my friends who up for it were either injured or stressed out, we decided to make it as easy as possible. BBQ at my place with a kiddie pool and some champagne. The champagne of beers, that is! Bajabucky looked at hers and said, "Oh, the champagne of beers. Now I get what you were talking about." Um, yes. How do you live several decades as a tried and true beer drinker without knowing this? It's a mystery.

Here are the stats:
  • kiddie pool - awesome
  • Bajabucky's teriyaki - awesome
  • my grill maintenance - poor
  • High Life and Red Vines - better separate
The best part was when Bajabucky got upset by something Tiger said, so she chucked her beer out the back door and across the lawn.

In other news, I'm starting to get serious about this learning bass guitar situation. I think I'll start with this song...



First I'll need to duct tape 1 more string onto mine.

Ok, really. This is the song I can play. Ignore the parts that sound like guitar. I don't do those. I do the parts that sound like bass.



Leave it to Jack White to write a sweet song that those of us who suck at an instrument can still play. Right Meg? Oh, snap! I realize Jack White is playing all of it on his guitar, but I'm a purist and that is where I draw the line. Alternatively, it could be because I don't own a guitar, whammy pedal, or the appropriate skills. You decide. I choose purist. The website where I got the bass tab calls this song "great for beginning bassists who wanna feel talented." Yep, that's me.

Watch out world for my sweet bass stylings!

No comments: